At the end of this course, the student will be able to do the following:
- Explain how a nonrefundable credit affects the taxpayer’s tax liability.
- Name the refundable credits.
- Understand the Earned Income Credit (EIC) qualifications.
- Understand who qualifies for the additional child tax credit.
- Know the rules for the refundable portion of the American opportunity credit.
- Recognize when a dependent qualifies for the Other Dependent Credit (ODC).
Field of Study: Federal Tax Law 3 Hours
Course Level: Intermediate
Prerequisite: General tax preparation knowledge is required
Delivery Method: Self-Study